Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Delizioso!!!


I have a new hobby. Most of you are gonna be super shocked! I love to cook! It's been a dormant talent I didn't even know I had mostly because I used to burn so many things! It didn't matter if it was cooking rice or baking a cake. It burnt and usually burnt badly! The occasional mess still happens but I'm doing so much better.

How did it all come about you ask??? Well, I've been doing a little dabbling in cooking ever since I got married, you know trying to domesticate myself a little bit (is that a word?). It hit full force when Nate and I moved in with his parents and to pull my share around the house I started cooking dinner 2 times a week plus every other Sunday. At that time two of Nates brother's were still living at home so I had to learn to cook for 6+ people. They were all so kind to me cause sometimes I cooked some gross stuff! Anyways, so I developed this fondness for cooking.

I get recipes from everywhere! My family, friends, and yes, cooking shows! I love Rachel Ray although her recipes are hit and miss, but when I get a hit, it's huge! Also, Everyday Italian with "the boobie chief," Giada (if you've seen her show you'll understand the nickname). So this is the deal, I've decided to start a recipe blog where I will share some of the recipes I'm giving a whirl. It will have everything on it from dinner to breakfast to dessert and maybe a few things about the kitchen. Feel free to visit, try, and share!


To get it all started, you might not know this about me, but I HEART pesto! Especially the Pesto Cavatappi from Noodles and Company!! I've looked all over the place for the recipe so I could make it at home. Alas, I have found none...it's a well guarded secret. So I've used some recipes I've found online to piece together my own: Chx & Mushroom Pesto over Wheat Linguine. It's a little timely at first but worth it! Check it out at http://www.kinasrecipes.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Emily said...

COOL. i started a recipe blog earlier this year and my friends LOVE it. not that i'm a great cook, it's just a fun way to share things that you already know are good and relatively easy. I can't wait to check out what you have on there!

Lynn said...

That's awesome that you're in to cooking! I'm sure it makes Nate happy to have a good cook for a wife. :)

It sounds like practice was all you needed.