Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged. The rules are that you list 6 facts/habits about yourself then at the end of the post name 6 people that you are going to tag. Then you go into their comments and tell them that they have been tagged.

1. The one thing that I absolutely love is a good book. It's probably one of my most favorite things to do and when I find a good one I get a little obsessed about it. I have a really hard time putting down a book I love and most books I can finish within a day or two. I'm trying to remind myself to take my time with new books so I can enjoy them for a lot longer. Once I've finished a book I feel very connected to it and I think about it constantly and usually carry it around with me for a day or two in case I want to read a little exerb at some random time. I'm definitely one of those people that cries and laughs outloud while reading.

2. To go along with my first fact/habit, I want to write a book someday. It will probably be fiction and along the lines of fantasy. I started two books this past summer and every now and then write a little more but I put a lot of pressure on myself to think up an orginal idea and when things start to sound to cliche I stop, hoping that with time my mind will clear and I will be able to once again write something uniquely me.

3. Working hard. I thrive on challenging myself to work hard in everything I start or do. My job, school, and just life in general. Sometimes it could be learning something new (which I love) or just putting myself in a situation that's unfamilar or uncomfortable, but something that I want to do, and then just doing it. When I was younger I missed out on some opportunities because I didn't work hard enough or was too scared and I am determined to not let that happen again.

4. A lot of people don't know that I grew up helping my dad with a lot of different rental properties he owned. Since I was the only girl in the family I got to help right along with my brothers while we reshingled roofs, built fences, fixed toilets, painted, landscaped, etc. Pretty much anything you can think of that has to do with home repair I did. Plus, my dad designed and built (acutally built) our house so I helped with a lot of that too. :)

5. I love being outside. When I was single and lived in Salt Lake City, I used to take a blanket, a book or my journal, and sit on the grass at Liberty Park next to the pond a couple of times a week during the summer. Nature in general is just great!

6. Maybe someday in the distant future I would like to go back to school and go further into psychology, more specifically the homopathic side. Instead on prescribing things like ritalin for ADD, I would like to try more natural remedies. A lot of evidence is showing that in cancer, natual remedies are a lot better healthwise and show a lot better results then chemo. I think the same things can be applied to psychological illnesses. But this is all in the very distant future...maybe someday...

Tagged; Terra, Lupita, Brianne, Stacey, Brooke, Christi

1 comment:

Terra said...

I promise to do your tag--we haven't had internet access for awhile!