Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Conference October 2007


Ever since I moved to Utah back in 2001, Conference has always held a special place in my heart. It always signalled the coming of Winter or the beginning of Spring to me, both favorite seasons. It's also a time when I can sit and re-evaluated where I am at in my life as I listen to new guidance and firm reminders from the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church.
Nate and I have been blessed almost ever conference to be able to attend at least one session, and this year it was hard not to be around as Utah seemed to tingle with the anticipation on new direction; however, as I listened from Canada I still felt the message of each speaker as if I was sitting right there in the Conference Center. It was a good reminder to me that the gospel and the spirit is the same no matter where you are.
I was particular touched by the talk given by Elder Bednar in the Sunday morning session. I'm not sure what it's titled because I wasn't actually writing notes but his talked struck me and I've been thinking about it ever sense. He talked about having 1. clean hands and 2. a pure heart. It's a topic we learn a lot about but what hit me was that he said it is possible to have clean hands and and impure heart. It automatically reminded me of Mosiah 4:30 when King Benjamin warns about watching our thoughts. It scared me to think that I could have clean hands and not a pure heart b/c those seem to go together. Elder Bednar also talked about how important the atonement is in have both clean hands and a pure heart. I made a resolution to make sure that my thoughts are as clean as I think my hands are and if I stray to use the atonement daily to repent of those things.

3 comments:

suds2004 said...

I loved Conference. I am always glad to be motivated to be better. I also had a hard time not being in Utah this year. I felt a little distant however I am thankful we were able to watch it in our home and feel the spirit of our faithful leaders.

suds2004 said...

you have been tagged. see my blog!

Brianne said...

Kina, you really need to update this. Where is the juice on your trip?