Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So, because I'm a stubborn person and I get really attached to a series, I have a hard time reading something else by the same author. The thing is, I don't want the new book to ruin the author for me. I'm a huge, HUGE Stephenie Meyer fan so I was pretty determined not to read her new book, "The Host." Of course, after a while , I caved. Some have discribed it as slow but I was hooked from the first chapter! I don't know how Stephenie Meyer comes up with such original ideas for her stories (although I did see a Star Trek episode with a similar idea). Please don't get deterred from this book by the science fiction label! It's totally a science fiction for those who don't like science fiction. Once again Stephenie Meyer has writen a wonderful story of love with a very unlikely hero and heroine. I fell in love with one character and by the end was cheering for a completely different one. Great book, I highly recommend it!!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I just got a copy and I am excited to read it! How fun that you found our blog. Thanks for leaving a comment. It looks like you have had some fun trips! Please call us when you are in town, we would love to see you.

Cindy said...

I haven't read any Stephanie Meyer books yet, but I think I'm going to have to give them a try! How are you guys doing!?

Terra said...

I was wondering about this book too. I'll have to read it now. Let me know when you'll be in Utah--I miss you!

Brianne said...

I have been on hold at the library for this for about 3 weeks and still have another couple to go. Must be very good!